Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Top 7

I’ve been tasked with listing 7 songs I am “into” right now. That’s actually a tough task for me because most of the music I listen to is on the radio while I’m driving to/from work, and of course the DJs almost never report the name of the song or the artist. So, here’s my best shot:
1. Barber’s Adagio for Strings. Caught the second half of this the other day - it still gives me the chills! When I listen to something like this I am truly amazed at the power of music, and it reminds me of an org I sometimes donate to that specializes in music therapy.
2. Kanye West’s Gold Digger. Love the beat and background wails in this song. I didn’t realize until recently that it’s based on a Ray Charles song. Good stuff.
3. A Gorillaz song I don’t know the name of…
4. Don’t Cha by the Pussycat Dolls. This would be a really fun song to karaoke.
5. Pretty much anything by Audioslave
6. Beck’s latest. Again, don’t know the name, but it has a really catchy beat and psychedelic video. “Na, na..Na na na na na, na.”
7. Hunted by a Freak by Mogwai. My co-worker Mark sent this to me. I didn’t like it at first, but I never should have judged this song based on what I heard coming out of my crappy laptop speakers. I flew from Seattle to Newark on Saturday and my MP3 player died after about 15 minutes into the flight. I didn’t have any music on my computer other than this song, so I decided to give it another shot. Glad I did…I listened to it on repeat for as long as my computer had battery life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, This is your Cousin Peter and your Uncle Arnie. Hope next time you fly, your MP3 batteries don't run out on you. Hope your Turkey Day is the best. Love, Peter & Arnie.

Thu Nov 24, 10:18:00 AM PST  
Blogger AKP said...

Thanks, Peter! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving in Wisconsin.

Mon Nov 28, 02:26:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home